Chevron awards Worley contract to modify asset in Gulf of Mexico

0


US oil giant Chevron has awarded Worley a contract to provide brownfield modification services for the Ballymore oil and gas field in the Gulf of Mexico.

Worley will provide engineering and design services for subsea connection and integration on the Ballymore field.

Chris Ashton, CEO of Worley, said: “As an Australia-based global professional services company, we look forward to helping Chevron meet the world’s changing energy needs and continue Worley’s long-standing global relationship with Chevron.

Worley’s team on the US Gulf Coast will implement surface services and project management, while Worley’s global integrated delivery office in India will provide support for the project.

In addition, Intecsea, which is part of the consultancy business of Worley’s Advisian, will undertake the underwater portion of the project.

Located in a water depth of approximately 2,000 m, the Ballymore prospect is 40% owned by Total while Chevron holds the remaining 60% as operator. The perspective covers four blocks in the Norphlet piece, including the MC 607 block.

The field is located in the Mississippi Canyon area, approximately 120 km offshore Louisiana, United States.

Chevron completed the first appraisal well in January 2019, followed by the second appraisal well in August 2019.

In 2020, Wood Group was selected by Chevron to deliver an engineering design project for the deepwater Anchor development in the Gulf of Mexico in the United States.

Last year, the Australian engineering services provider said it had cut 3,000 jobs and secured an additional $ 465 million in loans due to the collapse in oil prices following the coronavirus pandemic.

Worley has reduced its workforce by 5%, reducing its workforce to 56,000 as of March 31, 2020.



Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.